DOCUMENT 00 11 16
NOTICE TO BIDDERS –
Notice is hereby given that the governing board (“Board”) of the Oakland Unified School District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for the following project, Bid No. 18105
Re-Bid-Various School Sites (44) – Video Surveillance Project
1. The Project consists of:
Installation of exterior camera’s at approximately (44) sites (41) Elementary (2) High School (1) Middle School. OUSD, will be responsible for the purchase of the Dell R240 servers as well the Milestone software/camera license. The Select4ed bidder will be responsible for installation and programming of the servers and software as well camera installation. Specifications and details will be available at East Blue Print.
2. Engineer’s Estimate: $1 Million
3. Project Manager for this project is Richard Rogers, he can be reached at (510) 535-7048.
4. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to possess one or more of the following State of California contractors’ license(s):
C-10 Electrical Contractor and/or C7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor
The Bidder's license(s) must remain active and in good standing throughout the term of the Contract.
5. To bid on this Project, the Bidder is required to be registered as a public works contractor with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to the Labor Code. The Bidder’s registration must remain active throughout the term of the Contract.
6. Contract Documents will be available on or after Wednesday, February 27, 2019 for review at East Bay Blue Print, located at 1745 14th Avenue, Oakland, CA 94606. All requests should be addressed Attention: Sandy Petty. Plans can be ordered by:
Ph: 510-261-2990 Fax: 510-261-6077 Email: email@example.com, Attn: Sandy. Online using the Plan Command System at www.eastbayblueprint.com or plans can be delivered to a place of business, at requester’s own expense. Payment for plan sets must be made with East Bay Blue Print and are NON-REFUNDABLE
In addition, Contract Documents are available for bidders’ review at the following builders’ exchanges:
Builder’s Exchange of Alameda County Reed Construction Market Data
McGraw Hill Construction Data Contra Costa Builder’s Exchange
San Francisco Builder’s Exchange Marin Builder’s Exchange
7. Sealed bids will be received until 2:30 p.m., on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, at the District Office, located at 955 High Street, Front Desk, Oakland, California, at or after which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud. Any bid that is submitted after this time shall be nonresponsive and returned to the bidder. Any claim by a bidder of error in its bid must be made in compliance with section 5100 et seq. of the Public Contract Code.
Pursuant to Public Contract Code section 20111.6, only prequalified bidders will be eligible to submit a bid for contracts $1 million or more using or planning to use state bond funds. Any bid submitted by a bidder who is not prequalified shall be non-responsive and returned unopened to the bidder. Moreover, any bid listing subcontractors holding C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43 or C-46 licenses, if used, who have not been prequalified, shall be deemed nonresponsive and will not be considered. Both First-Tier Subcontractors andPrime Contractorsmust be prequalified on or before March 22nd. The list of Prequalified Contractors will be posted on the OUSD’s website.
8. All bids shall be on the form provided by the District. Each bid must conform and be responsive to all pertinent Contract Documents, including, but not limited to, the Instructions to Bidders.
9. A bid bond by an admitted surety insurer on the form provided by the District, cash, or a cashier's check or a certified check, drawn to the order of the Oakland Unified School District, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total bid price, shall accompany the Bid Form and Proposal, as a guarantee that the Bidder will, within seven (7) calendar days after the date of the Notice of Award, enter into a contract with the District for the performance of the services as stipulated in the bid.
10. A mandatory pre-bid conference and site visit will be held as follows:
On Wednesday March 13, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. @ Front Entrance of Peralta Elementary School – 9:45 a.m. @ Front Entrance of Sankofa Elementary School - 10:45 a.m. @ Front Entrance of Cleveland Elementary School and 11:30 a.m. @ Front Entrance of Street Academy .(see addresses below#19) All participants are required to sign in at the front Entrance of the Building. The site visit(s) is expected to take approximately  hour. Failure to attend or tardiness will render bid ineligible.
11. The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
12. The successful Bidder may substitute securities for any monies withheld by the District to ensure performance under the Contract, in accordance with the provisions of section 22300 of the Public Contract Code.
13. The successful bidder will be required to certify that it either meets the Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (“DVBE”) goal of three percent (3%) participation or made a good faith effort to solicit DVBE participation in this Contract if it is awarded the Contract for the Work.
14. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall pay all workers on all Work performed pursuant to this Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations, State of California, for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District, pursuant to section 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code. Prevailing wage rates are also available from the District or on the Internet at:
15. This Project is subject to labor compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1771.4 and subject to the requirements of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations. The Contractor and all Subcontractors under the Contractor shall furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Labor Commissioner weekly and within ten (10) days of any request by the District or the Labor Commissioner. The successful Bidder shall comply with all requirements of Division 2, Part 7, Chapter 1, Articles 1-5 of the Labor Code.
16. The District has entered into a Project Labor Agreement that is applicable to this Project. For questions or assistance concerning the Project Labor Agreement, contact Maribel Alejandre, (510) 835-7603 X 21, Davillier-Sloan, Inc. 1630 12th Street, Oakland, California, 94607.
17. The District shall award the Contract, if it awards it at all, to the lowest responsive responsible bidder based on:
A. The base bid amount only.
18.The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids and/or waive any irregularity in any bid received. If the District awards the Contract, the security of unsuccessful bidder(s) shall be returned within sixty (60) days from the time the award is made. Unless otherwise required by law, no bidder may withdraw its bid for ninety (90) days after the date of the bid opening.
19. School Addresses
Peralta Elementary – 460 63rd Street,
Sankofa Elementary – 581 61st Street
Cleveland Elementary – 745 Cleveland Street
Street Academy – 417 29th Street
END OF DOCUMENT
OAKLAND USD - Re-Bid-Various School Sites (44) – Video Surveillance Project
Email To Friend
« Go Back